Canadian Legalized and Certified Translations
What is a Certified Translation?
A certified translation is simply a translation that is completed by a Certified Translator. In Canada, certification is administered by provincial partner associations of CTTIC (the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council). In British Columbia, the provincial association is STIBC (the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia). All of our Certified Translators have been educated, trained and certified by STIBC, and are qualified to provide certified translations. While the certification of translators is administered on a provincial level, certified translations are still valid and accepted across Canada and internationally.
Do I need a Certified Translation?
You need a Certified Translation if you are applying to IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) for a Canadian Visa, Permanent Residency, or Citizenship and your supporting documentation is in a different language than either English or French.
You also need a Certified Translation in any other scenario where you are asked to submit supporting documentation to a government agency or private institution and the original document language is different than English or French (e.g. CRA, ICBC, Global Affairs, etc.). For certain matters, you also need a Certified Translation into English when the original document is in French (e.g. when filing for divorce in BC with a French marriage certificate from Québec).
Can you provide Certified Translations?
Yes, our translators are members in good standing of STIBC (the provincial member association of CTTIC in British Columbia) and are authorized to provide Certified Translations, which are accepted all across Canada for all legal and official purposes, as well as internationally. We provide Certified Translations for the following language combinations:
Certified Translations from Arabic to English
Certified Translations from French to English
Certified Translations from German to English
Certified Translations from English to German
Certified Translations from Italian to English
Certified Translations from Spanish to English
Certified Translations from English to Spanish
What does a Certified Translation include?
Certified Translations contain 3 Elements:
1) An affidavit of accuracy of the translator that provided the translation
2) The translation itself
3) Certified true copies of the original documents
The completed Certified Translation Package will be officially stamped, signed and dated by the Certified Translator.
What do I need to do now to get a Certified Translation?
Please scan all the documents that you need translated and fill out our Quotation Request Form.
We will ask you a few questions on the form and in step 3 you will be asked to upload your documents.
Once we receive your documents, we will assess the cost for your specific translation and email you a free quotation. We need to actually see your documents in order to provide an accurate quote as the cost depends on the word count, text complexity, formatting requirements and potential volume discounts. We cannot provide quotes over the phone.
Once you approve the quotation and pay your invoice, we will proceed with the translation. For Certified Translations, you do not need to bring the original document to our office. We can provide the official Certified Translation using the scans you submitted.
Certified Translations - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) Do I need a Certified Translation? You need a Certified Translation if you are submitting documents to a government institution (e.g. IRCC, CRA, etc.) and the original document is in a language other than English or French.
2) Can you provide Certified Translations? Yes, we can provide Certified Translations for the following language pairs: Certified Translations from Arabic to English Certified Translations from French to English Certified Translations from German to English Certified Translations from English to German Certified Translations from Italian to English Certified Translations from Spanish to English Certified Translations from English to Spanish
3) Are your Certified Translations accepted by IRCC for my PR application? Yes, our Certified Translations are accepted by all government agencies, including IRCC and CRA.
4) Are you an approved translator for ICBC? Yes, our translators are on the list of approved ICBC translators.
5) How much does a Certified Translation cost? Certified Translations start at $65.00. The total cost depends on word count, text complexity, formatting requirements and any potential volume discounts. Please fill out our Quotation Request Form and upload your documents there to receive an exact quote.
6) Do I need to bring in my original documents? No, we can provide the official Certified Translation using scans of the original documents. Simply upload your scans using the Quotation Request Form or email them to us at email@example.com